Kilbride Nursing Home
Overlooking the majestic valleys of Gilead, Kilbride Nursing Home was originally built in 1832 to accommodate the local water engineer, hence the name Kilbride which means “running water”. Today it is a modern nursing home comprising 109 high-care beds. Kilbride features:
- Single and multiple bed rooms.
- Peaceful and spacious landscaped recreation area.
- Adjacent to Kilbride Village.
- Accredited by the Aged Care Standards & Accreditation Agency. Kilbride is currently compliant with all 44 expected outcomes of the Accreditation Standards as set out in the Quality of Care Principles 1997.
- Construction commenced in late 2008 on a major upgrade and expansion of Kilbride that will include the addition of low care beds as well as the rebuilding of the high care north wing.